[pycsw-devel] #61 Migrate scm from Subversion to Git

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Tue May 8 02:46:41 PDT 2012

Hi Tom,

What I am saying is that the real issue is the svn to git move. I agree
that after this move we should keep the code in GitHub.
Remember that every Git clone is a full repository, so having a copy over
OSGeo, or another site in parallel is not forbidden and is not going to
create issues to our developments.
Of course after this move to git, we can use GitHub pull requests for
collaboration with new devs, etc. We can also use the Tracker in GitHub for
ease of use and integration.

About OSGeo: Git is going to be supported soon (as I was told recently) but
I am not sure if and when it will be integrated with OSGeo Trac. I assume
that this will happen at some point (but perhaps that is late for us).

I agree that GitHub will help us grow faster... I am just keeping in mind
that we want to be an OSGeo Project in the future and we should keep in
touch with what is offered as infrastructure there too. Perhaps when Git is
supported there, Mapserver, Openlayers, Geoserver and others will clone
their code there too.

Cheers,
Angelos