[pycsw-devel] new website development

Ryan Clark ryan.clark at azgs.az.gov
Mon Aug 26 08:15:09 PDT 2013

- Jekyll reads your working directory and generates a set of static files in a folder called _site. So you can simply transfer that folder to the OSGeo server.

- Files like .pdfs, css, images just get copied directly into the _site folder along with the built html files. So there should be no issue maintaining static files.

- Yes, if you don't want the page accessible at geopython.github.io/pycsw you would just use a branch that is not called gh-pages.

I'm a little concerned about the docs though. I understand the rationale of keeping those in .rst but I don't know if there's a way to get Jekyll to work with those files. I need to look into that a bit.

Ryan Clark
Arizona Geological Survey
ryan.clark at azgs.az.gov<mailto:ryan.clark at azgs.az.gov>
(520) 302-4871