[pycsw-devel] new website development

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 26 04:08:49 PDT 2013

Sorry sent too soon.

Ryan: great work here. Agree with Angelos that we need the deployment target to be OSGeo for now.

- what would the workflow look like to maintain this? A build step to gen the pages then transfer to the target site? I'm guessing doing this with GitHub makes it seamless

- how do we store static files like PDFs or LaTeX? We need to store stuff like this for our publications

- i really like the idea of the website being a branch in the code repository. Given our need to publish to OSGeo infrastructure for now, do we call this branch 'gh-pages'? Will this trigger GitHub to publish the site to geopython.github.io/pycsw? I'd like the site to only be at pycsw.org (docs can/should be spread to multiple places). If yes, do we call the branch 'website' or something?

- looks like things render according to filename extension (.md, .html)?

Looking forward to launching the new site for foss4g!

Sent from my iPhone