[pycsw-devel] Insert service metadata

Daniel Kürner danielkuerner at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 4 07:47:10 PDT 2013

Hi Tom,

thanks for the hint. OWSLib was actually version 0.6 on our server, so
I updated via easy_install to 0.7.2.

Unfortunately, I still receive the following error on Insert. Why does
the ExceptionReport refer to the MD_DataIdentification object ? To my
knowledge, the property identificationInfo

of the MD_Metadata object is of type SV_ServiceIdentification when it
comes to service metadata.

"Transaction (insert) failed: record parsing failed:
'MD_DataIdentification' object has no attribute 'temporalextent_start'

Harvesting the service metadata directly is something we could have
considered and also might consider briefly.

Thx again for your help, much appreciated!

kind regards
daniel