[pycsw-devel] Postgres Setup, getting error during getrecords

Dan Ramage dan at inlet.geol.sc.edu
Wed Aug 27 04:48:24 PDT 2014

I've got postgres and postgis running, the database has the spatial tables.
I enabled the plpythonu language as well.

I'm running the server off the command line as I do my initial
learning/testing so there is no external server at the moment.
I think what might be happening is there is an import failing, but it's
not pycsw, it might be another dependency. I ran into that earlier when I
Was missing geolinks. I kept seeing an error of no module pycsw, however
it was masking the real issue.

The last INFO line logged is:
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 04:38:50] [DEBUG]
file=/home/madrona/src/pycsw/pycsw/server.py line=2326 module=server
function=_write_response Response:

Then in the log, there is no complete traceback, this is what is there:
<ows:ExceptionReport xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
xmlns:inspire_common="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/common/1.0"
xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
xmlns:dct="http://purl.org/dc/terms/"
xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows"
xmlns:apiso="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/apiso/1.0"
xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
xmlns:dif="http://gcmd.gsfc.nasa.gov/Aboutus/xml/dif/"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xmlns:gco="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gco"
xmlns:gmd="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd"
xmlns:srv="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/srv"
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
xmlns:fgdc="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/csdgm"
xmlns:inspire_ds="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/inspire_ds/1.0"
xmlns:csw="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2"
xmlns:os="http://a9.com/-/spec/opensearch/1.1/"
xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"
xmlns:sitemap="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9"
language="en-US" version="1.2.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows
http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd"><ows:Exception
 exceptionCode="InvalidParameterValue"
locator="constraint"><ows:ExceptionText>Invalid query: (InternalError)
ImportError: No module named pycsw
CONTEXT:  Traceback (most recent call last):
  PL/Python function "query_spatial", line 4, in <module>
    from pycsw import util
PL/Python function "query_spatial"
 "SELECT ŠŠ