[pycsw-devel] CSW Harvesting using APISO possible?

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 06:29:11 PST 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Michael Schulz
<mandschulz at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ok, I think I understood my mistake... ResourceType needs to be left as csw.
> The reason is, that the CSW I'm querying only supports gmd:MD_Metadata as
> typename and not csw:Record.

Do you mean outputschema and not typename? A valid CSW MUST support
typname csw:Record typename and outputschema
http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2 as baseline.

>. But I think only csw:Record is requested from
> pycsw...

Good catch.  You are right, pycsw always does CSW harvesting using the
Dublin Core output, not ISO.  The initial implementation of CSW
harvesting was focused on the core CSW baseline requirement of Dublin
Core, which every CSW is required to implement/support.

Having said this, sounds like a great idea to support CSW harvesting
of ISO metadata.  We could probably add a configuration value which
allows the pycsw admin to specify how CSW harvesting can be done.

Can you file an enhancement ticket at
https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/issues/new ?

Thanks

..Tom