[pycsw-devel] PyCSW record copying

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 11:26:08 PST 2014

Hi Dan,

There is no limitation in doing a direct database copy, it is not
advertized because most users won't (and probably shouldn't) touch the
database directly. Just be cautious about database versions and spatial
extensions used (postgis). I recommend that those should be in same
versions.

Cheers,
Angelos

On 11/10/2014 08:47 PM, Dan Ramage wrote:
> I've got a "staging" pycsw server setup that I am using for bringing in
> records from NDBC via SOS as well as other large providers. I then cull out
> records that are not in my area of interest.
> I know I can export those via pycsw-admin, but I was curious if that
> provided any benefit, aside from creating the XML files, compared to doing a
> database to database copy. Basically take the remaining records from the
> staging database and copy them into the working database.
>

> Dan

Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory
National Technical University of Athens