[pycsw-devel] SchemaLanguage for DescribeRecords Request

Axel Schaefer axel.schaefer at wheregroup.com
Tue Sep 30 06:01:11 PDT 2014

Hi all.

I'm using pycsw 1.10.0 and try to build up an apiso conformant service.
I created some test cases and found an issue with the DescribeRecord
request.

One simple request is:

<csw:DescribeRecord xmlns:csw="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2
http://schemas.opengis.net/csw/2.0.2/CSW-discovery.xsd"
schemaLanguage="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" service="CSW"
version="2.0.2">
   <csw:TypeName>csw:Record</csw:TypeName>
</csw:DescribeRecord>

pycsw answers:

  <ows:ExceptionText>Invalid value for schemalanguage:
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema</ows:ExceptionText>
   </ows:Exception>

If I change the schemaLanguage to http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema, it works.

As far as I understand, the definition of the schemaLanguage is placed
in http://schemas.opengis.net/iso/19139/20070417/gmd/gmd.xsd:

And my guess is that the definition of the DescribeRecord response is
also with this namespace.

Is there a way to customize pycsw to understand this namespace?

Thanks in advance and best regards.
Axel