[pycsw-devel] OSGeo Incubation status

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 10:22:22 PST 2015

Hi all,

After the completion of our Code Provenance Review [1], I think it is
time to evaluate our OSGeo Incubation status.
Our wiki page for incubation process is [2].

According to OSGeo web site, the full incubation process is described
here [3]. In this process, pycsw has completed tasks 1, 2, 3 and 4. We
are currently placed between points 5 and 6:

"5. The Incubation Mentor reports incubation progress to the IncCom
periodically using the Project Graduation Checklist [4].
  6. Incubation Projects remain in incubation until the Incubation
Mentor and the IncCom agree the project is ready for full status."

Based on the above text, I think we need to merge documents [5] and [6]
in favor of [6]. It is clearly stated that only the Project Graduation
Checklist should be used to report our status to the Incubation Committee.

Also, we need to update our graduation checklist [6] to make sure that
it is up to date with upstream (OSGeo has updated this checklist [4]
some months ago, bringing it to version 2.0).
Then we need our mentor (Jeff) to discuss with the Incubation Committee
about this.

Thoughts?

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/pycsw-Provenance-Review
[2] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/OSGeo-Incubation