[pycsw-devel] CSW search by other fields

Juan Rapoport juanrapoport at suremptec.com.ar
Wed Sep 30 07:53:01 PDT 2015

Hi Tom,

We are now implementing a catalog using the ISO 191939 profile to store
raster metadata.
We store some metadata about the acquisition platform and sensor inside
fields like supplementalInformation (MD_DataIdentification ->
gmd:supplementalInformation), collectiveTitle (CI_Citation ->
gmd:collectiveTitle) or alternateTitle (CI_Citation -> gmd:alternateTitle),
and we need to query by these fields.

We are starting another project using the ISO 19139-2 standard to catalog
products from a SAR satellite mission. We didn't define yet the fields we
are going to use, but this profile allows to specify metadata about the
satellite, sensor, processing algorithms, etc. and we'll need to search
using (al least) all these fields.

In our case, we don't need to add other fields to the response because we
get records in gmd output schema (outputSchema="
http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd"). This return the same xml used to
catalog, right?
Then we parse the response using  jsonix (
https://github.com/highsource/jsonix) and ogc-schemas (
https://github.com/highsource/ogc-schemas) to transform the XML response
into JSON.
ogc-schemas recently added suport for the ISO 19139-2 (
https://github.com/highsource/ogc-schemas/issues/109).

For now we are using the standard database; I don't know if additional
columns will be the solution. Maybe using xpath to query inside the xml and
allow to configure the queryable fields (AdditionalQueryables).

Thanks!

--
Juan Rapoport
SUR Emprendimientos Tecnológicos