[pycsw-devel] How to submit an RFC for pycsw?

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Sun May 29 09:35:34 PDT 2016

Hi Ricardo: you can either submit a PR against the pycsw.org repository [1]
or push directly given you have the already ability to do so as a pycsw
committer.

iirc at the time of RFC1 we wanted to keep things GitHub-agnostic
for the most part.  I guess technically the wording in RFC1 can mean
one has the option of drafting via the wiki pages if they want.  At some
point we just started pushing these directly to the website given the ease
of pycsw.org being hosted via GitHub pages.

Having said this, I'm wondering if we should update the RFC1 wording:

"RFCs can be drafted on the pycsw wiki, and once voted on, cast on
website at http://pycsw.org/development/rfc/rfc-xxx.html"

to:

"RFCs can be drafted on the pycsw wiki or website at
http://pycsw.org/development/rfc/rfc-xxx.html"

Comments?

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw.org