[pycsw-devel] Running on Windows

Tom Kralidis tom.kralidis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 05:53:50 PST 2018

Hi Tim:

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 6:34 AM Tim Wanner <tim_wanner at web.de> wrote:

> Hello Mailing List,
>
> this might be a 'beginner' question, but I couldn’t find a right description browsing the web and wanted to get this right in my Thesis.
>
> As the pycsw doc tell’s you’ve got to change line 1 of csw.py into : #!/python27/python -u, bevor installation of pycsw on windows and running it on there.
>
> Is this pointing to a UNIX (‚Ubuntu‘) directory somewhere external based to config the CGI handler and not to the Python version installed on the local windows computer ? (Win directory should be C:/python27/python.exe)

As per http://docs.pycsw.org/en/stable/installation.html#running-on-windows ,
the example assumes you have Python in \Python27\python .  The drive letter
would be required if you are running if Python and your Python CGI script are
on different paths.  Also note the -u flag for Windows environments
(https://docs.python.org/3.3/using/cmdline.html#cmdoption-u)

Having said this, have you considered running Python on mod_wsgi instead
of CGI?  Many/most Python apps benefit from using mod_wsgi as a long
running process for performance.

Hope this helps.

..Tom