[pycsw-devel] Running on Windows

Tim Wanner tim_wanner at web.de
Sun Nov 18 12:51:25 PST 2018

Hi Tom,

Yes this will help. Thanks! So I got my python 2.7.13 installed in C:\Python27\Python that should do.

About the mod_wsgi: yes if considered this and will try to manage it. Running with python 2.7 + mod_wsgi for Apache conf. turns out to be very tricky (till impossible) as told on: https://github.com/GrahamDumpleton/mod_wsgi/blob/master/win32/README.rst <https://github.com/GrahamDumpleton/mod_wsgi/blob/master/win32/README.rst>
‚Python 2.7 is compiled with VC9‘

"The problem is that Apache Lounge, whose Apache binaries have been used up until this point, has stopped making available versions of Apache compiled with a VC9 compiler.
This means that if you hadn't managed to download a Win32 VC9 version of Apache at some time in the past, you technically can't use mod_wsgi on Windows with Python 2.6 or Python 2.7 any more as you can't get the right version of an Apache binary“
'The actual mod_wsgi binaries that are made available are:
Apache22-win32-VC9/modules/mod_wsgi-py27-VC9.so
Apache24-win32-VC9/modules/mod_wsgi-py27-VC9.so
Those labelled with Apache22-win32-VC9 should be used with an Apache 2.2 Win32 VC9 version of Apache. Alas Apache Lounge no longer makes such binaries available any more.
If you don't already have an older version of Apache which has been compiled with the Win32 VC9 compiler you are out of luck.’

"Note that Apache Lounge never made available any Win64 VC9 binaries for Apache 2.4.
This means that technically there is no combination available for correctly running mod_wsgi with a Win64 VC9 version of Python 2.6 or 2.7.“

At this point I’m not sure weather I can go with a pip install mod_wsgi or if that turns out to fail? Which mod_wsgi will it generate ? Depense this on the python version I’ll use for pip command right ?

So I’d go just with python 3.4 the whole lot as this is compiled with VC10 and there are fitting apache version available right ?

Thank a lot for your response this will help me a lot.

Tim