[pycsw-devel] Install and execute pycsw with a PostgreSQL with PostGIS

Rodrigo M. Mariano rodrigo.mariano at inpe.br
Thu Mar 28 05:13:07 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to test the pycsw to use it to serve the metadata of my
project, but I'm not able to test it.

I would like to create a table in Postgres (PostGIS) database and serve
this table (metadata) through CSW in XML using the ISO 19115. Is it
possible?

I followed the steps described in the following link, but no success.
http://docs.pycsw.org/en/stable/installation.html#for-developers-and-the-truly-impatient

The first error that I've got, I described on Github[1],  but Tom asked
me to send an e-mail here.

Well, I followed his tip and I tried to add the database using the
following steps [2], however without success again, unfortunately.

First of all, I tried to run the command without database called "pycsw"
and it returned an error saying "database "pycsw" does not exist" and
below " Database tables already exist" (image
table_does_not_exist_but_it_exist.png [5]). For that reason, I did not
understand what happened.

Then I tried to create the database manually and run the command again.
In this time, I got the following error: "language "plpythonu" does not
exist" (image plpythonu_does_not_exist.png [5]).

So I tried to install the plpythonu and create the extension with the
following links [3] and [4]. After that, I tried to run the command
again and I got the same error again.

Could someone help me?

Thank you in advance.

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/issues/590#event-2233013283