[pycsw-devel] Install and execute pycsw with a PostgreSQL with PostGIS

Tom Kralidis tom.kralidis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 04:40:03 PDT 2019

Hi Rodrigo: thanks for the info.  For PostgreSQL/PostGIS installs, the
following are required:

- PostgreSQL database exists, with PostGIS enabled
- plpythonu is not required for PostgresSQL enabled with PostGIS
- the pycsw configuration is pointing to the PostgreSQL with PostGIS install and
correct database name (which has been PostGIS-enabled).  pycsw will
create the records table
- you need psycopg2 installed (see requirements-pg.txt)

Then, running pycsw-admin.py -c setup_db -f default.cfg will then simply
create the 'records' table.  I was able to set this up against the
kartoze/postgis
docker image, for example, with success.

Can you ensure that your database setup is per above, and that the pycsw
configuration is pointing to that database?

Cheers

..Tom