[pycsw-devel] PyCSW Harvesting.

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 17:28:35 PDT 2020

Hi Brian: thanks for the info.  Comments interleaved:

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 4:13 PM BRIAN STIFFENN LUNA BOLIVAR
<bslunab at correo.udistrital.edu.co> wrote:

> Hello everyone, good day. I have been trying for over a month to install and run pycsw, but I have not been fortunate enough to do it properly for my college degree work.

What kind of installation problems are you having?

> I currently have a WMS service in place which I need to run Harvest operation and be able to update the GetCapabilities of the CSW however, I have not found the right way to do it.
>
> Could someone please provide me with a methodological guide to be able to run the Harvest operation to a WMS?

You can run a CSW-T Harvest XML POST request with the following XML request:

https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/tests/functionaltests/suites/harvesting/post/Harvest-wms-run1.xml

Here, you would replace the <Source> element content with your WMS
base URL.  To invoke XML POST requests, see the following
FAQ item: https://pycsw.org/faq/#how-can-i-make-csw-post-xml-requests

Hope this helps.

..Tom