[pycsw-devel] PyCSW Harvesting.

BRIAN STIFFENN LUNA BOLIVAR bslunab at correo.udistrital.edu.co
Tue Oct 13 19:03:58 PDT 2020

Thanks a lot for your response Tom, so I have a question, should I follow
this steps to harvest a wms service:

1. Modify the following XML request from my WMS service:
https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/tests/functionaltests/suites/harvesting/post/Harvest-wms-run1.xmlv
<https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/tests/functionaltests/suites/harvesting/post/Harvest-wms-run1.xml>
(I named: post.xml and save it in c:\geiper\post\post.xml)
2. Set in my default.cfg transactions=true
3. When it's done, I should execute this command line:

python bin/pycsw-admin.py -c post_xml -u http://localhost/pycsw/csw.py -x
c:\geiper\post\post.xml

4. Refresh the harvested records with the following command line:

python bin/pycsw-admin.py  -c refresh_harvested_records -f default.cfg

Those were all the steps I must follow to harvest records from WMS?

If yes, I get the following error:

b'<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>\n<!-- pycsw 2.4.2
-->\n<ows:ExceptionReport xmlns:csw="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2"
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:dct="
http://purl.org/dc/terms/" xmlns:gmd="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd"
xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml" xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows"
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="1.2.0" language="en-US"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows
http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd"><ows:Exception
exceptionCode="NoApplicableCode"
locator="service"><ows:ExceptionText>Exception: document not
well-formed.\nError: EntityRef: expecting \';\', line 3, column 95
(<string>, line
3).</ows:ExceptionText></ows:Exception></ows:ExceptionReport>'

And My post.xml is formed like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Harvest xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2" xmlns:ogc="
http://www.opengis.net/ogc" xmlns:gmd="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd"
xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
xmlns:dct="http://purl.org/dc/terms/" xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2
http://schemas.opengis.net/csw/2.0.2/CSW-publication.xsd" service="CSW"
version="2.0.2">

  <Source>
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/DATA/geoserviciosgeiper.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0
</Source>

  <ResourceType>http://www.opengis.net/wms</ResourceType>
  <ResourceFormat>application/xml</ResourceFormat>
</Harvest>

Thank you so much for your help.