[pycsw-devel] Request to start using GitHub "releases"

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Oct 11 08:38:18 PDT 2022

Hi all,

A kind request to the pycsw Project Steering Committee to begin to use
GitHub's "releases" functionality, for every new release or release
candidate.  When you create a new release there, then GitHub
automagically notifies all of the pycsw repository's "followers"

- see the lack of any pycsw releases at
https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/releases
- with appropriate privileges, it is as simple as going here and
entering a few details to create a new release or release candidate:
https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/releases/new

(for example, the only way that I just noticed that pycsw is working on
a 3.0.0 release, is by clicking "tags" in the first link above)

Related: I just discovered the associated 3.0.0 milestone at
https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/milestone/21

Thanks all!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training