[pygeoapi] RFC1: Project Steering Committee Guidelines

Ian Edwards ian.edwards at myacorn.com
Mon Nov 11 04:16:47 PST 2019

The pycsw [1], pywps [2] and pygeoapi [3] RFC pages all contain the phrase:

  The IETF adopts some of the proposals published as RFCs as Internet
standards.

Is this intentional or should they be changed to something along the lines
of:

  The pygeoapi project adopts some of the proposals published as RFCs when
determining the future direction of the project.

Does anyone know the original source of the text (I can't find it at
MapServer or at IETF)?

[1] https://pycsw.org/development/rfc/
[2] https://pywps.org/development/rfcs/
[3] https://pygeoapi.io/development/rfc/