[pygeoapi] configure a COG collection?

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 07:29:22 PDT 2022

Hi All,

Sorry but I'm a bit of newb to the Open API / OGC API world and have a few
questions that perhaps some kind person could shed some light on.

I have a client who would like to leverage a swagger / open api interface
to retrieve aerial imagery data in a Cloud Optimized Geotiff format using
http range requests.  So my initial thought was to set up a collection with
a coverage provider.  Is this possible using pygeoapi?
The docs at this point aren't that clear but this is what I've set in the
config:

    halton_2021:
        type: collection
        title: Halton Imagery
        keywords:
            - canada
            - ontario
        extents:
            spatial:
                bbox: [-80.174,43.281,-79.608,43.746]
                crs: http://www.opengis.net/def/crs/OGC/1.3/CRS84
        providers:
            - type: coverage
              name: rasterio
              data: tests/data/2137HALT_2m_overall_cog.tif
              format:
                  name: tif
                  mimetype: image/tiff; application=geotiff;
profile=cloud-optimized

The issue I'm having is that it appears the OCGAPI coverage does not
support http range requests and I'm having issues connecting to the data
using GDAL OGCAPI driver.

gdalinfo OGCAPI:http://server26.foobar.com:5000/collections/halton_2021 -oo
API=coverage
ERROR 1: API coverage requested, but not available

My second question is that eventually we would be moving this to a AWS
instance in which the source COGs would be stored in s3 buckets using
server side encryption AES-256.  Is it possible to use a http data source
for a  coverage and can I configure the rasterio's GDAL AWS vars in the
config.

Thanks

 At some point I'd be moving the application to AWS with