[Pywps-dev] demo.py in describe inputs

Alex Morega alex at grep.ro
Tue Aug 27 14:31:51 PDT 2013

On 27 Aug 2013, at 23:13, Jachym Cepicky <jachym.cepicky at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm all in favour for writing more documentation - I'm already lost in
> the code you are providing. There new dependences, which are not easy to
> install via standard, e.g. ubuntu distribution system (one has to use
> pip, which is OK, but simply different world)
>
> Currently, I've setuped fresh installation of Ubuntu (13.10) on my
> desktop and starting somehow from scratch
>
> I wanted to get your  describe-inputs up and running, but can't get the
> tox working properly
>
> Could you please give me hint, what to do?
>
> Log file from tox available at http://pastebin.com/0qgnxbBn, for python3
> at http://pastebin.com/SWCsaq8J

Hi Jachym,

For python2 you're missing the development headers (package name python-dev). Lxml also needs libxml development headers (packages libxml2-dev and libxslt1-dev, at least those are the names in debian).

For python3 it looks like you got bitten by a bug[1] in python-dateutil which is caused by an unfortunate behaviour[2] in python 3 when choosing a default encoding. I'm not sure what to suggest as a workaround. You could run tox on python2 only: `tox -e py27`.

Sorry if I was rushing ahead with changes, please let me know if anything else breaks, and I'd be happy to help fix it. :)

-- Alex

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/dateutil/+bug/1208910
[2] http://lucumr.pocoo.org/2013/7/2/the-updated-guide-to-unicode/#magic-defaults-in-3-x