[Pywps-dev] how to using GeoServer REST API to save output data to GeoServer

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon May 20 00:10:53 PDT 2013

Hi,

thanks for your offer. GeoServer REST API is fairly easy and well
documented, e.g. at
http://docs.geoserver.org/2.0.0/user/extensions/rest/index.html

The ideal way IMO would be, to go on with gsconfig.py [1], but the
script is missing some functionalities and my proposal would be to help
with it's development along with PyWPS implementation (where ever we
find out, there is some feature missing, we would go to gsconfig.py and
fix it).

In this way, it will be much more complicated, then doing it by
ourselves, inside of PyWPS, but we will get better python-geoserver
interface in general.

But your question pops up too early, we are not so far yet, and I
personally do not have clear idea about the publishing-via-mapservers
issue. What you can do right now, is to find out, how to

1) Upload raster and/or vector file to geoserver database
2) Register it as data source to some geoserver workspace
3) Build web service on top of it (WCS or WFS)
4) Get URL, which will point to the data directly (e.g. link to KML file
in case of vector file)

Just follow the list and once the question pops up, scream loudly, that
you already have solved it :-)

Thanks

Jachym

[1] https://github.com/dwins/gsconfig.py