[Pywps-dev] how to using GeoServer REST API to save output data to GeoServer

Jorge de Jesus jorge.mendesdejesus at wur.nl
Mon May 20 23:12:41 PDT 2013

Hola

I think that GeoServer REST API is nice and well documented if, we use
it as reference point we will have a great start.

1 year go my college Olly suggested to do REST services using Flask [1]

I've done a REST access in ISRIC using Flask, the framework performed
pretty well I only had some problems with pyscopg2 and cursors but this
problem is independent from Flask. Also Django-REST looks nice [2], and
future developments on my side will use Django-REST.

Flask uses Jinja [3] as template engine, it seems that template engines
and webframes are breeding like rabbits :)

Any considerations for the new template engine ??? We need to shop
around for new tools and frameworks, Python has come a long long way
since PyWPS started.

Jorge

[1] http://flask.pocoo.org/
[2] http://django-rest-framework.org/
[2] http://jinja.pocoo.org/

On 05/20/2013 04:17 AM, welkin zzp wrote:
>    Hi   Jachym
>
>     I want to implement the function that write output data to
> GeoServer , but I have not used Geoserver and  not very familiar with
> the Geoserver REST API , Can you give me some advice on how to implement
> this feature in pywps ?
>
>  Thanks

ISRIC - World Soil Information Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB
Wageningen (Bdg. 101), Office: C.013 Office Phone: +31 (0) 317 4 83715
Mobile Phone: +31 (0) 613 9 06950 OpenPGPKey: 0xA3D0065A