[Pywps-dev] how to using GeoServer REST API to save output data to GeoServer

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon May 20 23:27:26 PDT 2013

Jorge,

do I understand it correctly, that all proposed libraries are to be used
at server side - so inside of PyWPS?

In which way are you proposing using REST approach inside of PyWPS? My
ideas would be:

	1 - using it for administration (list of running processes, statistics,
stoping/pausing/starting process (NOTE: future version of WPS will
include this features as well) ...

	2 - Along with "old" way of defining and deploying processes, we could
use REST services to do so

	3 - make completely new proprietary design of processing service
(something like web processing server, demonstrated along with
OpenLayers some years ago)

	4 - anything else?

About the templates: I would like to KISS pywps - helping libraries are
as good, as they are helping. My original idea was, to use lxml for
output xml generation, so no templates needed. What's your opinion?

Jachym