[Pywps-dev] [ GSOC 2014 ] Database output storage - PostGIS and SQLite

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 12:51:04 PST 2014

Hi,

sorry for late answer - we were waiting till OSGeo is accepted as mentoring
organisation.

You can start working any time (join the mailing list -
pywps-dev at lists.osgeo.org), fork github (/jachym/pywps-4), join hangout
(http://doodle.com/4wm7umivegm5sr4x),

or wait till the 10 March: 19:00 UTC, when the application period opens
(according to https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2014) and
proceed the standard way

Expect pywps-4 to be one big building place right now, we are shifting big parts
of code from one side to another, some of the ideas are just in our heads right
now, but we are approaching.

cheers

Jachym

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 07:16:50PM +0530, Naveen Panwar wrote:
>    Hello Sir,
>    I am currently pursuing my master in Spatial Informatics at�[1]Lab for
>    Spatial Informatics.
>    I am interested in the development of the project "Database output
>    storage" both in PostGIS and Sqlite. Because I have worked before, both in
>    Python and Spatial Databases.�
>    And these project provided me the good�opportunity of development in
>    python with my research areas.�
>    My programming skills -�C, C++, Python, Java.
>    Also I am families with open source development.
>    I build "VRGeo SMS tool" which is a open source crowd sourcing platform to
>    collect the data from user using SMS. In this project we used PostgreSQL
>    as a Database storage.
>    Please let me know how can I start working for the same. As the students
>    application for GSOC-2014 will start on March 10, 2014.
>    --
>    Regards,
>    Naveen Panwar
>    IIIT-Hyderabad, India.