[Pywps-dev] hangout summary

Jorge de Jesus jorge.mendesdejesus at wur.nl
Thu Jun 19 00:01:41 PDT 2014

Hi Anna

Sorry that I couldn't attend the hangout.

What you suggest is more or less WPS-Transactional, with this approach:

1) You dont have to deal with workflow management and execution. While
the workflow runs as a single WPS process you get update and extra
information from the WPS status response.

2) You can assemble dynamically any pywps process using the pywps python
classes, the code will look like a bunch of class-hacks together but
will work.

3) We never talked about security, since you are modifying the process
list and running code 'injected' by the client therefore you have a
security problem.

4) Personally I would prefer a sort of WPS-T module/classes/plugin
inside PyWPS that would support process chain and run it, and not so
much a single process going the work. This option would mean more work
but a more structured approach, unfortunately it would be to much work
for the scope of the SoC.

5) aside from "receiveXML" you could have some extra supporting
Processes for example:

"pauseProcess"
"killProcess"
"deleteProcess"

I assume that the XML workflow will return a pure WPS process and than
the user will start making a WPS call and therefore no need for
"startProcess"

"startProcess","pauseProcess" etc etc...it looks like WPS2.0 :)

Anna, keep up with the good work :)

Jorge

On 06/18/2014 11:01 PM, Anna Homolka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is the description of my idea about process chaining with PyWPS:
> The process chain is described in a XML document. By invoking the process
> "recieveXML" with the XML as the input, recieveXML translates the XML to a
> PyWPS process. This new process will be saved  in the "process" directory
> and register in the "__init__.py" file so it is possible to call it like a
> normal PyWPS process.
>
> I'm also writing weekly at the PyWPS Wiki:
> http://wiki.rsg.pml.ac.uk/pywps/AnnaHomolka
>
> Cheers
> Anna

ISRIC - World Soil Information Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB
Wageningen (Bdg. 101), Office: C.013 Office Phone: +31 (0) 317 4 83715
Mobile Phone: +31 (0) 613 9 06950 OpenPGPKey: 0xA3D0065A