[Pywps-dev] [PSC] meetig motions

Jonas Eberle jonas.eberle at gmx.de
Thu Jul 7 10:01:50 PDT 2016

Hi all,

> Motion 1: To release PyWPS-4.0.0-beta
> Reasoning: PyWPS-4.0.0 will be presented on FOSS4G-Bonn, there is also workshop.
> The codebase should be in, if not release-stage, short-before-release at least.
> We shall stop adding features and focus on stability, testing, documentation

+1 An official version to test against would be good. I tried to help somebody with PyWPS 4 at FOSSGIS in Salzburg, but we got stucked on several places (wsgi.py file with fixed cfg file on /var/www/pywps/pywps.cfg), demo processes not included, etc.

> Motion 2: Setting work priority: PyWPS-4.0.0 stable over OSGeo-Live incubation
> Reasoning: Certainly, PyWPS is open source project and PSC can not force anyone
> to do some work, but having limited resources some members of the team can
> focus on one thing only. Therefore having clear statement from PSC helps to set
> priorities to developers.

+1 Why focus on PyWPS 3 (!) on OSGeo-Live when already doing a workshop at FOSS4G with PyWPS 4? So better prioritize to make a (nearly) stable version and good documentation/tutorial for the FOSS4G workshop (not much time left!).

Cheers,
Jonas