[Pywps-dev] [GSOC] First documentation attempt

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 23:38:10 PDT 2016

Hi Jan,

I finally went through this documentation. Several notes do I have:

1 - Could you please add it to your repository to docs/ directory in RST
format ?
2 - You are using some scripts and pre-configured configuration file (like
the one for the apache2 server) - could you add chapter "configuring
apache2 wsgi for PyWPS" so that advanced server administrators could just
copy&paste the configuration from your example to their server and could go
on? I doubt, they will start with new server configuration - it's totally
handy to have it in place, but the documentation should be more verbose
3 - Same applies to the database user - I doubt, you will need to create
new user on operating system level - it should be sufficient, if you create
the user in database and in pg_hba.conf you enable connection to the
database using password and login
4 - you can use $USER environment variable instead of "user" keyword in
chmod
5 - you can set group and user in once step: chown www-data:www-data -R
/dir/
6 - instead of calling "nano" directly, you can use $EDITOR environment
variable - it's more generic, will work and will work for everybody

I hope, it's clear - good work with the documentation,  this should just
help to make it better

Jachym