[Pywps-dev] Containerization PyWPS processes

jorge.dejesus jorge.dejesus at geocat.net
Wed Sep 20 09:07:02 PDT 2017

Hi to all

Interresting research topic, but you have a problem with that approach:
starting the process will have a massive overhead (compared with a
thread) and will consume alot of disk space and resources  !!!

You would have to create the docker image and process  when you install
pywps , and then start the docker when the user calls the process.  I am
a bit against using such a big system in PyWPS unless someone tries to
implement it and run it and show or not that is feasable, *we dont know
it until we try it*

Those were my 2cent :)

J.