[Qgis-community-team] coordinating with release team for v1.0

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Tue Jul 8 16:51:58 EDT 2008

It's been very useful for me to follow the release-team mailing list
through the v0.11 release.
Below is a draft of a request to the release team. They now have v 0.11
out the door and are looking ahead to v1.0, so this seems like a good
time to address these issues.
Please add other items to the list if you can think of anything we will
need from the release team to be successful in our manual rewrite.

Dear QGIS Release Team:
When the feature freeze takes effect, the manual team will start
rewriting the manual. This rewrite is much more than a simple update and
we will be hard-pressed to complete this promptly, so I would like to
coordinate with the release team as much as possible. We will be writing
the manual to be consistent with the GUI as of the feature freeze, and
then modifying to accommodate changes in the GUI that are made later.
For this to work smoothly, we will need the following:
1. Windows and Mac builds after the feature freeze (~Aug 25)
2. a changelog for the period up to the feature freeze (July7 to ~Aug 25)
3. another changelog for the period after the feature freeze up to the
GUI freeze (~Aug 25 to ~Sep 15)
4. other??

Would someone on the release team be willing to take responsibility for
each task, and give us a time estimate of how soon after the respective
freezes could we expect to have these?

Thanks, Tara