[Qgis-community-team] images for manual

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Wed Jul 23 16:54:27 EDT 2008

Dear Documentation Writers:
I have cleaned out and rearranged the image folders in the user_guide
trunk,  so the user_guide content revision can proceed.
This is what has been done
1. all old images were deleted
2. the folder structure was redefined and populated as follows:
 > GUI icons for the core of QGIS appear in the folder "images"
 > every plugin has its own folder for GUI icons- however, I was unable
to find these icons in the SVN where they are supposed(?) to be (under
qgis\src\plugins). So at present there are NO icons for plugins in
user_guide, until I find out what is going. (*** help, Tim? ***)
 > every tex file has its own folder for screenshots, with a name like
"working_with_raster_screenies" except for the plugin tex files, that
have a single folder plugins_screenies for the plugin chapter. All
screenshots should go in one of these folders and not be mixed with the
icons (please?), otherwise it will be difficult to update the GUI icons
for future releases.
3. Makefiles were edited so they now run through the "make pics" section
without errors. Errors do occur when non-existent images are requested
in the latex files.
4. I added all the grass module images to SVN, but only included in the
Makefile the one that is used in the user guide. Others can be easily
added to the list if needed.

I don't think I did the SVN directory restructuring by the best method
and you might have to checkout to a new location rather than update your
existing copy - that is what I had to do.

Happy editing!!

Tara