[work] [Qgis-community-team] Planning for QGIS 1.0.0 '????'

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Jul 25 17:46:49 EDT 2008

Hi

This was discussed as a follow up to the recent 'QGIS 0.11.0 feature
freeze' thread (http://www.nabble.com/QGIS-0.11.0-feature-freeze-td17855254.html).
Tom followed up this thread suggesting that we really need to address
some deficiencies in the menuing layout for 1.0 too
(http://www.nabble.com/Better-Menus-for-QGIS-1.0-td18189274.html).

In general I think the repurcussions for document writers should be
low - reading the above thread should give you a better indication.
The main areas I know of that will affect you are the composer,
labelling and grass revision. I am getting my GRASS revisions done as
a priority in order to give you the maximum amount of time to
accommodate the changes (which mainly consist of placing grass tools
and shell in dock windows).

Regards

Tim