[Qgis-community-team] QGIS alaska dataset reprojected to EPSG 2964

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Wed Oct 8 08:46:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

maybe you already made the experience that there is no EPSG definition for
the alaska dataset using unit=meters anymore. This caused problems e.g. for OTF
and the coordinate capture plugin.

Instead QGIS allows to define an EPSG 2964 for Albers Equal Area CRS using unit
feet: +proj=aea +lat_1=55 +lat_2=65 +lat_0=50 +lon_0=-154 +x_0=0 +y_0=0
+ellps=clrk66 +datum=NAD27 +to_meter=0.3048006096012192 +no_defs

As Gary suspects, the projection engine in QGIS isn't recognizing the to_meter
parameter correctly. So I reprojected and updated the QGIS sample data set using
this EPSG 2964 CRS. You find the data here.

http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/data/qgis_sample_data.zip
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/data/qgis_sample_data.tar.gz

Sorry for the inconvinience, but please update your sample datasets to be able
to use and test all QGIS features with the alaska data. If there are any
problems with the data, feel free to write to the list, so we can fix it.

regards,