[work] Re: [Qgis-community-team] Re: Qgis-community-team Digest, Vol 12, Issue 6

Tara Athan taraathan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 13:57:05 EDT 2009

Sorry I missed the last meeting -I have not been keeping up with the
mailing list messages. At present, I don't think I can reasonably commit
any time to working on the manual. Based on my experience during the
last release, there a couple of things I would have to do to get to the
point where I can effectively contribute:
1. learn how to build QGIS for Windows so I am working from the latest
software while creating the documentation
2. fix problems in my latex setup for creating pdf so I can print out
pages to markup.
Both of these will take some time on my part and I don't see that
happening anytime soon.

So, it is probably best to find someone else to take the role of Manual
Lead at this time. I would like to stay on the mailing list so perhaps
later when I have more time, such as this fall when all my contracts
expire, I can get back into contributing to the QGIS documentation.

Best regards, and thanks for all your contributions,

Tara