[work] Re: [Qgis-community-team] Re: Qgis-community-team Digest, Vol 12, Issue 6

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Tue Apr 7 08:36:24 EDT 2009

Hi Tara,

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 10:57:05 -0700
Tara Athan <taraathan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry I missed the last meeting -I have not been keeping up with the
> mailing list messages. At present, I don't think I can reasonably commit
> any time to working on the manual. Based on my experience during the
> last release, there a couple of things I would have to do to get to the
> point where I can effectively contribute:
> 1. learn how to build QGIS for Windows so I am working from the latest
> software while creating the documentation
> 2. fix problems in my latex setup for creating pdf so I can print out
> pages to markup.
> Both of these will take some time on my part and I don't see that
> happening anytime soon.
>
> So, it is probably best to find someone else to take the role of Manual
> Lead at this time. I would like to stay on the mailing list so perhaps
> later when I have more time, such as this fall when all my contracts
> expire, I can get back into contributing to the QGIS documentation.

I hope you stay on the mailing list and get back into contributing, when you
have more time. Your help with the manual was greatly appreciated and always
effective, I guess QGIS now has one of the best FOSS documentations! I hope we
find more contributors and a new Manual Team Lead soonm so we can hold up this
status!

> Best regards, and thanks for all your contributions,

Thanks a lot for _your_ contributions Tara, I enjoyed having you in the
QGIS (community) team!

best wishes
 Otto