[Qgis-community-team] Release date for manual 1.1

Claudia A Engel cengel at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 28 16:09:57 EDT 2009

OK, this is what I have for Chap 5 now, based on the Manual Tasks and
discussion below. I have added a few comments and questions. I'd hate
to change too much around, also because there is not too much time for
this. Let me know what you think and if I missed anything.
Otto, thanks for offering to help. I will have some time tomorrow for
this, then again over the weekend. I can let you know by tomorrow
night (PST) how things are going.

- New vector load dialogue (add to 5.1 and 5.2)

- Support of SpatialLite (new section after 5.2 and move the following
chapters up one number?)

- Vector diagram overlay  (add new subsection 5.3.7 "Diagram Tab" to
Vector Properties section)
This feature needs to be activated under the plugins before it shows
up in the vector layer properties, so does it need to be mentioned in
the plugin chapter?

- Hide/show vector layer editing tool (minor edit)

- Changes in attribute table
I could not find any description of the attribute table in the manual,
but maybe I looked in the wrong place. If there is none, is it
necessary to have one? Add another subsection?

- Improved handling of postGIS layers.
I did not look around very thoroughly, but at first glance I could not
figure out what this exactly refers to.

- Make SSL mode of POstgresSQL connections configurable (minor edit)

- Map units in addition to pixels for digitizing tolerance (minor edit)

Thanks, Claudia