[Qgis-community-team] Errors in user guide & translations

Patti Giuseppe geognu at infinito.it
Tue Feb 17 11:08:44 EST 2009

Dear all, I am currently working on the italian translation of the QGIS
user guide. I'm now at the QGIS-GRASS integration chapter and I've
noticed that there is some mistake. For istance, when defining the
Albers Equal Area Projection (page 79 in the english manual) we find:
"We are using Albers Equal Area Alaska (meters) projection. Since we
happen to know that it is
represented by the EPSG ID 5000, we enter it in the search box." This is
not true, at least on my machine,  because there is no EPSG ID 5000,
plus there are many Alaska Albers entries under the Albers Equal Area
main line and i guess a QGIS-GRASS novice will be misleaded.

Give me some hint on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance!