[Qgis-community-team] translation support by open-tran

Robert Szczepanek robert at szczepanek.pl
Sat Nov 21 09:17:41 EST 2009

http://open-tran.blogspot.com/2008/06/off-line-mode.html
http://open-tran.eu/dev.html#Offline

> - how do it handle conflicts ?
to check

> - does it enforce a license like launchpad does for BSD ?
to check

> Having used it for gvsig I'm very cautious about web translation : not
> being able to work because the website doesn't let you login, because it
> is down for an unkown amount of time, because your hotel's wifi is crap,
> etc.

This is not web translation tool. So no login and on-line translation of
QGIS is possible. It is more multi-project dictionary.
As an example en-es translation of layer term:
http://en.es.open-tran.eu/suggest/layer
And this function is available in Virtaal (desktop translation tool).
Full advantage will be achieved when more OSGeo projects will participate.

Robert