[Qgis-community-team] QGIS 1.1 brochure : improvement propositions

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Thu Sep 3 04:43:00 EDT 2009

Hi Jeremy,

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:20:24 +0200
Jeremy G <jeremy.grx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> (couldn't figure out if it's the better list to post this !)
>
> I am currently translating to french the QGIS 1.1 brochure. It's actually
> done but some propositions have been made on the OSGeo-fr list, so I'm
> forwarding it here to have your opinions about it :
>
> - What about a list of famous users of QGIS at the end of the doc ?
> (organizations, administrations, companies and so on. Would change
> depending on the country/the local representation)

we don't have such a list yet, but it would be nice to have one, of course.
Maybe you could start one in the wiki in the "Usage Reports" area, if you
know some famous users at:

http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Users_Corner

> - In the "Help and Support" section, it would be nice to include a line
> about the OSGeo - something like "QGIS is a projet under the OSGeo
> umbrella.
> To find more (information/support...) about the OSGeo, visit
> http://osgeo.org"

Anita Graser manages the press material, maybe you can coordinate it with
her? It would be a good idea adding the information that QGIS is a graduated
OSGeo project - I think.