[Qgis-community-team] QGIS 1.1 brochure: russian translation

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Fri Sep 11 02:29:48 EDT 2009

Hi Alexander,

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:03:25 +0300
Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Otto,
>
> I replace original images with screenshots from russian QGIS (ukrainian
> translation from Sergey Yakunin is incomplete, my own too). All images
> included to the archieve.

I uploaded it to svn and put the russian images to the ukrainian folder as
well. Both brochures are linked on the website, too.

> Also I create PDFs with all fonts embedded, maybe this help with problem
> when you can't see russian or ukrainian text.

yes, it looks good now!

> And I have a little question. Maxim Dubinin added to the brochure contacts
> (IRC and website) of the GIS-Lab community which is russian QGIS-community.
> Is this correct? If necessary, we can remove these links.

This is ok, if GIS-Lab stands for the russian QGIS-community as an "official"
contact - something like GFOSS.it in Italy or FOSSGIS e.V. in Germany. In
general, it is good for users to have a contact address in their own country.
We only don't want, that companies put their logo and address on the flyer,
so people get the impression they are QGIS or that they are the only one to
contact. I guess you know what I mean.