[Qgis-community-team] Geometry Tools>Delaunay triangulation by QGIS 1.4 on Ubuntu 9.10

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 12:50:05 EST 2010

This question should really be asked on the users mailing list. Having
said that, it is likely caused by duplicate points in the dxf file. Do
you have any points that are essentially 'on top' of each other? The
delaunay triangulation probably won't like this (though it should
probably not crash). The only other thing I can think of taht would
cause a crash of qgis is that there is something wrong with the
geometries of your dxf created layer? I recommend cleaning up the
layer (though perhaps you can file this as a bug, and attach the layer
for testing?).

Regards,

Carson

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:34 PM, badaveil <badaveil at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Successfully converted a dxf file to a shape file and got a data layer
> 2. Using Delaunay traingulation, used that data layer then set output as
> "test.shp" file
> 3. Noted 0%, click OK then QGIS automatically closes
> HELP! What happened?
> I checked and the test.shp file was created. It can be activated to appear
> as a vector layer but there is nothing there (which is logical since
> triangulation tool didn't run)
> Please advice. I will try to run this later on a Windows QGIS 1.4
> Thanks

Carson J. Q. Farmer
ISSP Doctoral Fellow
National Centre for Geocomputation
National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
http://www.carsonfarmer.com/