[Qgis-community-team] SVN and Manual Sources

Bogus Zaba bogus at bogzab.plus.com
Tue Jun 8 15:20:31 EDT 2010

Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de> wrote :

> > > please, also test, if you are able to commit changes.
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >  Otto
> > >

> Happy to test this out also - probably when I get home.

OK I got home and tried to commit a very small change which I made to plugins.tex with the command :

svn ci -m 'very minor change to plugins.tex'

The server then asks for a password (none was required for the checkout operation) and I provide the password, but this appears to be not accepted since I then twice get :
"Authoentication realm: <https://svn.osgeo.org:443> OSGEO Login
Username : "

I then provide the username, there is another password prompt, I provide the password etc

Finally after three strikes I get :
"svn : commit failed ... Authorisation failed could not authenticate to server: rejected Basic Challenge"

Am I doing something obviously wrong ?

Thanks

Bogus