[Qgis-community-team] Bandwidth-friendly manual

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Thu Jun 10 14:58:02 EDT 2010

Le 10/06/2010 18:26, Anne Ghisla a écrit :
> On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 17:30 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
>> As I see it the workflow would be
>>
>> latex ->  html html to blog pages or similar app that allows
>> comments - one entry / page per topic / chapter.
>>

>> In the postgres example they have discrete online manuals per
>> release version, each with their own comments. That means comments
>> get reset on each manual release (you can still go back to the old
>> version of the manual pages) - which has the advantage that
>> comments will always be relevant to the version of the manual being
>> read online.
>
> I started a wiki page:
> http://www.qgis.org/wiki/ManualLightweightVersion
>
> feel free to contribute! Anne

html export : Bertrand masson and i will work on it once the actual work
on the manual start to settle down, by the end of june/beginning of july

a pdf without image : in user_guide.tex, you can use
\documentclass[10pt,draft]{scrbook} so the images aren't include, it was
useful when working on the text layout over email exchange but I don't
think it's useful for the end user.

It is possible to reduce the size of the pdf if a lower print quality is
acceptable, for example the 1.4's user guide can be bring down 3.8Mo
instead of 7.2Mo.