[Qgis-community-team] Windows installation instructions

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Mon Nov 15 18:54:31 EST 2010

Hi everyone,
This could be thought of as either a packaging or a documentation issue:

We just had someone on the Australia/NZ osgeo list having problems
installing and running QGIS on Windows.  Eventually he found this forum
thread, which has the solution:
http://forum.qgis.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4861&p=8250&hilit=initialize+p
roperly#p8250
The solution is to install the "Microsoft Runtime C++ SP1 package 2005"
- it needs to be SP1 and it needs to be 2005.

I think there should be something in the user manual or on the download
page about this.  I actually thought there used to be, but there doesn't
seem to be now.  Can it be added?

Regards,
Alister