[Qgis-community-team] Building from source - problem (solved)

Bogus Zaba bogus at bogzab.plus.com
Mon Nov 15 12:13:56 EST 2010

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 21:39:38 +0100
> From: Werner Macho<werner.macho at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-community-team] Re: Qgis-community-team Digest, Vol
> 	32,	Issue 9
> To: qgis-community-team at lists.osgeo.org
>

>> sipguipart3.cpp: In function 'PyObject*
>> meth_QgisInterface_addPluginToDatabaseMenu(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
>> sipguipart3.cpp:10432: error: 'class QgisInterface' has no member named
>> 'addPluginToDatabaseMenu'
>> sipguipart3.cpp: In function 'PyObject*
>> meth_QgisInterface_removePluginDatabaseMenu(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
>> sipguipart3.cpp:10469: error: 'class QgisInterface' has no member named
>> 'removePluginDatabaseMenu'
>> make[2]: ***
>> [python/CMakeFiles/python_module_qgis_gui.dir/gui/sipguipart3.cpp.o] Error
>> 1
>> make[1]: *** [python/CMakeFiles/python_module_qgis_gui.dir/all] Error 2
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> Can anybody help with this, or should I be asking somewhere else ?
>>
> Lately there were a lot of problems regarding the version of SIP you use
> - but as a first try you could do something like "make clean" or "touch
> CMakeFile.txt" and rebuild qgis "from scratch" probably that solves the
> problem already - otherwise it is a problem with SIP and .. latest
> changes Paolo did to the Databasemenu ..
>
> Paolo? any hints?
>
> regards
> Werner

A subsequent checkout of the trunk sources fixed this problem - I now
have a functioning bleeding edge QGIS. I also realised that there is a
"Stable" 1.6 branch which is presumably what we should be looking at
with regard to the 1.6 manual. I had problems compiling the 1.6 sources
as well though (related to fcgi - at first configure failed because I
did not have fcgi and then when I installed fcgi it failed during
compilation with fcgi errors. Presumably I may not have the right
version of fcgi. Probably OK to use the version compiled from trunk
sources - will not be so very different from 1.6 ??

Bogus