[Qgis-community-team] publishing manual

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Apr 16 12:14:14 EDT 2011

Hi all.
Following the presentation of Jean-Roc, showing how the French community
published the QGIS manual through Lulu, Tim suggested to publish all our
manuals on the same platform.
Do everybody agrees? I do not think we are going to generate much
revenue from this, but it can be useful for those who still like to
deforest our planet ;)
In case, I opened an account, and I generated an ISBN code (attached).
Could please manual managers add what Lulu needs, so we can upload the
manuals in different languages?
If somebody wants to handle the process, I'll be more than happy to hand
it over.
Thanks.
=== Now that you've assigned an ISBN to your title, follow the steps
below to make the most of your ISBN.
     1. Create a copyright page for your book and include your ISBN on
        the page.
        Add your barcode to your cover:
             1. if you design and upload your own cover you will need to
                add the barcode image yourself to the back cover.
             2. if you use Lulu's online cover tool, then we will
                automatically add your barcode for you.
     3. Check out our distribution requirements.
     4. Once you’ve published your book, get ExtendedReach (it’s free!)
        or purchase GlobalReach distribution - you must have a
        distribution service for your book to be listed in major
        bibliographic databases.
See our ISBN and distribution page for more information.