[Qgis-community-team] publishing manual

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Sat Apr 16 14:45:57 EDT 2011

Le 16/04/2011 17:14, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
> Hi all.
> Following the presentation of Jean-Roc, showing how the French community
> published the QGIS manual through Lulu, Tim suggested to publish all our
> manuals on the same platform.
> Do everybody agrees? I do not think we are going to generate much
> revenue from this, but it can be useful for those who still like to
> deforest our planet ;)

Each pages is printed with the blood of over nine thousand unicorns.

> In case, I opened an account, and I generated an ISBN code (attached).
> Could please manual managers add what Lulu needs, so we can upload the
> manuals in different languages?

Requirements are :
- a paypal account, only one can be set by user account. The only other
way is a bank check in $.
- a pdf X1a version of the manual (I can do this part)
- a cover taking into account the thickness of pages

> If somebody wants to handle the process, I'll be more than happy to hand
> it over.

I'm ok for it, I would just need the email of the paypal account. People
would just have to send me a pdf produced with latex and the text for
the cover.

> === Now that you've assigned an ISBN to your title, follow the steps
> below to make the most of your ISBN.

The ISBN isn't useful, all the *Reach offer are making the basic cost
goes up as each reseller is taking its toll.