[Qgis-community-team] User guide patch

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Fri Mar 11 02:30:03 EST 2011

Ah.

There was one thing I forgot.  This paragraph is incorrect and should be
deleted:

"If several vector data sources have the same vector type and the same
attributes, their symbolisations may be

grouped. This means that if the symbolisation of one data source is
changed, the others automatically have

the new symbolisation as well. To group symbologies, open the right
click menu in the legend window and

choose Add Group I . The file groups of the layers appear. It is now
possible to drag a file from one

file group into another one. If this is done, the symbologies are
grouped. Note that QGIS only permits the drag

if the two layers are able to share symbology (same vector geometry type
and same attributes)."

As far as I can tell there is no way to connect the symbologies of
different layers - I guess this paragraph

should have been deleted when the previous (correct) paragraph on
grouping layers was written.

Actually, I think the first (correct) paragraph on layer grouping is in
the wrong place - it should be moved

down below the lists of functions in the right-click menu, to replace
the incorrect paragraph.