[Qgis-community-team] Updates on the new Documentation infrastructure

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Thu Apr 19 04:00:12 EDT 2012

Hi,

Am Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:05:33 +0200
schrieb Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com>:

> Hi
>
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM, Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I wouldn't mind that each translator would opt for her/his preferred
> > tool (there are several ones, also gTranslator seems to me very good),
> > but according to the Pottle documentation [1] (as someone - do not
> > rembember who - suggested at the HF), Virtal is the suggested tool.
> > I am quiet confident, anyway, that you could use any tool,
> > gTranslator, QtLinguist, vim, gedit or whatever, because as far as I
> > can see there are not particula advantages. So we could stay with
> > Tim's suggestion, and give QtLinguist a try.
> >
> Agreed - no need to force anything on anyone, let people use what they
> prefer. Linguist is just a nice option for people who don't know what
> to use and who might also be doing application translations since they
> can learn one tool and do both jobs.

for the translation howto in the wiki it would be good to document all the
available tools a little bit and maybe focus on one tool that we prefere or
provides the easiest handling?

Could you please start and add some small notes (tool names) that we can
fill later in the wiki?

http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Manual_Translation