[Qgis-community-team] Translations howto

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 04:23:31 PST 2012

Hi guys,
I'm working on a little howto that can be useful for new translators (I
will send soon it on this list so those who want to add something can do
it).

Then I would put the attention on a critical aspect (for my very little
experience): the translation memories.
I know that there was a syntax change (latex to rst) from the old to the
new version, but, I think, it is independent from the creation of a
common memory.
Seeing that now we are starting a new project of translation, I'd
suggest that every translator should create his translation memory, and
for every translation team there should be one person that picks up all
the memories so there would be the possibility to create a unique
database. Doing that, next translations would be easier and faster (the
parts that need to be copied and pasted from the pdf file would be
automatic translated)

But to do that, I think that all the translators should use the same
software (qt creates phrasebooks, lokalize creates other memory files).
So there is important that those who have translation experience with
these software share their knowledge with the others (e.g. with a
tutorial or howto or wiki).

What to you think about it?

Last thing about the files I translated that now are online
(http://documentation.qgis.org/html/it/docs/user_manual/introduction/getting_started.html).
I notice that there some syntax errors (:guilabel:'.....' and other rst
remains still on the page). It is possible that is my fault or maybe
it's a bug?
Let me know

Best Regards

Matteo